2. Using Heather's "The Year Swiss Chard Took Over My Life" tag, I'm naming 2010 "The Year Silage Took Over My Life"!! We cut the first load on June 29th and now, almost 3 months later, we are still chopping. We have made more than 20 bags, which translates to more than 500 loads and we definitely haven't been at it every single day. But it has been hanging on for a long time. I think (cross your fingers for me, okay?) that the end might be in sight!
3. The full moon was gorgeous tonight. I think it's pretty amazing that it fell on the first day of autumn.
I would show you but Blogger has decided not to cooperate - ahhhhhh!
4. We had baked apples for dessert last night and they were delicious!
5. If you had stepped in to my kitchen this morning, you would have seen beets, zucchini, beans, carrots, tomatoes and apples in assorted bowls and piles on the counter. You would not have seem much counter though!
6. By 1:00 p.m.:
the borscht was in the crockpot, more beets were in the freezer - some for soup and some for meals,
zucchini was shredded and some was in the meat sauce, some was in the freezer and some was ready for muffins,
carrots were sliced - some were in the borscht and the rest went to the freezer.
The rest of the stuff is waiting for tomorrow :)
7. I missed book club tonight - and that makes me sad.
8. I did have time to read a few chapters of next month's book while I was waiting for Bob to make the 6 mile round-trip between loads of silage this afternoon.
9. We will NOT be making silage when next month's book club rolls around - well, I won't be anyway!
10. Check out the November trips that Terra Bella Services are offering in Italy! That would be such an interesting trip! Anybody else interested? Carm? Rhonda? Mel? the rest of you?
and just because!
11. Three years ago, at this time we were in Poland, specifically in Krakow, I think. Two layouts and lots of great memories making me smile today.